Just installed FCE. Cannot import or open AVCHD (*.mts) files taken by Panasonic. Updated to the latest version of the apps. The error “corrupted or unsupported fies” is the same with the following apps: FCP, iMovie and Avid. Any help will be appreciated.
AVCHD files are often recorded by high-end camcorders, such as Panasonic series, like Panasonic HC-V920, HC-V720, AG-AC160A, etc; Canon Series, like Canon VIXIA HF R400, Canon XA10, Canon Legria HF G10, etc; Sony Series, like Sony HDR-AX2000E, Sony HXR-NX30, Sony NEX-FS100UK, etc; JVC series, like VC Everio GZ-E300BE, JVC Everio GZ-EX510BE, etc.These excellent camcorders record high-definition video footages in .mxf format. It’s good to maintain the high quality of the video by using AVCHD (*.mts, *.m2ts) format, but this format is not compatible with editing software and other portable devices. For example above, you may encounter many problems when you want to import AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Final Cut Express.
AVCHD format is not well supported by the editing software like FCE 4, you may encounter many ingesting problems. To get those AVCHD MTS/M2TS files work normally in FCE without rendering time, the best solution here is to encode AVCHD MTS/M2TS to something that Final Cut Express 4 can read easily.
After googling, we will get that Apple InterMediate Codec is the one that can be supported by FCE. So you will need a professional UFUSoft AVCHD Converter for Mac to help you to convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to AIC MOV for Final Cut Express 4 for editing on Mac.
Here is the Step-by-step guide: Convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to AIC for FCE editing
1. Download UFUSoft AVCHD Converter for Mac. It’s a professional AVCHD to FCE/iMovie/FCP Converter for Mac which can help you convert Panansonic AVCHD, Sony AVCHD, Canon AVCHD, JVC AVCHD files to any formats you want, such as AIC, ProRES, MOV, MKV, AVI, etc.
2. Install and launch this best AVCHD to FCE AIC converter.
3. Click format column to choose format for output. You are recommended to choose iMovie -> Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov), it’s best to use in Final Cut Express 4 on Mac.
4. Click settings button to adjust output parameters as you want, such as resolution and bitrate, you can keep it as original.
5. Edit function is available in this AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to AIC converter, you can trim, crop, adjust effect or add watermark to the video before conversion.
6. Click convert button to start.
UFUSoft AVCHD Converter for Mac can convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to FCE with AIC codec in a fast speed, and you can import the converted videos to Final Cut Express without rendering, video and audio synchronization are perfectly guaranteed. After conversion, you can import the converted AIC MOV files to Final Cut Express for editing as you want.
If you want to import AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to FCP for editing, you can follow the AVCHD MTS/M2TS to FCP guide.